Card printing is one of the best ways to get your business noticed and stand out from the competition. But because many people keep switching around their business cards or aren’t sure what type of card printing services they want to go with, it isn’t easy taking the time to figure out just where you and your company should be spending your time. But, with custom letterpress cards, you can send a message that you’ve taken special care in selecting the perfect design for your business and truly celebrate the quality craftsmanship of the printing.
Opting for letterpress custom business card printing services is a great way to show your brand’s personality and unique style. And when it comes to printing cards, there are a few things you need to keep in mind to ensure the final product looks fantastic:
- Make sure your card design is clean and straightforward.
- Use high-quality paper that will stand up to the press.
- Make sure your typeface looks incredible on the prints.
The Different Kinds of Letterpress Cards
Any custom business card printing services provide many types of letterpress cards, each with unique properties and uses.
- Envelopes: These are the simplest type of letterpress card. They’re folded-up pieces of paper with a design on them, and they’re great for mailing small items like invitations or cards or sending one-time greetings.
- Postcards: A postcard typically consists of a front and a back, both of which feature the same image or design (usually in different colours). The front of the card usually includes text to read when it’s mailed, while the back provides information like the sender’s name and address.
- Greeting Cards: Greeting cards are the most popular kind of letterpress card out there. They’re perfect for sending heartfelt messages to family and friends or congratulating someone on a special occasion like their birthday or anniversary. Meanwhile, most greeting cards come in different sizes and shapes – so you can find one that’ll perfectly fit the message you want to send.
Large Blocks vs Margins
Choosing the right printing service for your business can be overwhelming, as there are several large blocks vs margin options to choose from, each with unique benefits. In the meantime, large blocks or minimum runs typically involve higher starting prices and offer more flexibility depending on your specific needs. This is great if you want to produce a limited number of cards with unique content or graphics since there’s no need to worry about running out of space midway through production.
On the other hand, margins are one-size-fits-all prints that come in standard sizes like 4×6 and 5×7 inches. With margins, you’re guaranteed a certain amount of space per card (usually 2½ inches), so your graphics will be captured consistently across all cards produced with this service.
How to Design a Card for Letterpress Printing
- Think about the message you want to express. The more specific your idea, the better your chance of capturing it in a printed card.
- Plan the layout of your card carefully. Make sure all text, images, and design elements are placed in the correct location on the page for maximum impact.
- Use typography to lend structure and organisation to your design. Choose fonts with balanced weights and widths to highlight the most prominent elements of your content.
- Experiment with colour choices. Using different hues can add depth and intensity to your design while also lending personality to each card.
Some Common Things You Might Want To Print On Letterpress
There are so many different ways to print them, and you can go with any theme or design you want. Some common things you can print on letterpress cards include your logo, your business name, and contact information.
When done correctly, letterpress printmaking can produce some of the most impressive cards, looking more like art than simple printed text.