As a result of prolonged exposure to climatic factors, any structure loses its functional properties, which contributes to the presence of cracks, leaks, and deformation in the roof. It is common for any roof, and in each case, specific materials, technologies, and tools are used for repair. Leaks can also occur during the winter due to the partial melting of the ice and the accumulation of water at the transition point to the cold of the warm roof.
For partial or complete repairs, the following materials and tools are often used, depending on the type of roof selected:
- Cement mix for concrete screed;
- It is based on bitumen or mastics;
- Roofing materials, technical, hydraulic, and other roll materials;
- Assembly foam.
Repair A Concrete Garage Roof
The roof of concrete slabs is usually decorated with a slight slope towards the opposite wall from the exit from the garage. There are also buildings with a flat roof, but in this case, thorough surface waterproofing and stormwater drainage are essential. If the garage roof has a slight slope, it must be carefully waterproofed.
Long-term operation of the garage box leads to gradual wear of the waterproofing layer, violating the seams of the plates and the tightness of the joints. As a result, leaks occur and need to be repaired. Many kinds of roof-related services you can offer your roofers Dublin. Often, water enters the house through cracks in the joints. To solve this problem, several effective methods are used, selected depending on the situation and the roof’s condition. The following problems and solutions are encountered:
- On a new roof of concrete slabs that are not equipped with waterproofing, a concrete screed is made to level the surface, which will prevent moisture accumulation. After that, the roofing material is melted on the dry surface, or bituminous mastic is applied. Liquid rubber is also effective. These materials treat the entire surface; Concrete screed removes irregularities on all surfaces, which can cause water to accumulate
- The roof, covered with old roofing, is cleaned with this material; cracks are found and covered with bituminous mastic. If necessary, you can treat the entire surface with a waterproofing compound; The roofing material is welded with a gas burner with overlapping sheets on top of each other
- A practical solution for an old or new garage roof is to have prime concrete slabs and roofing felt. The surface is cleaned of dirt and debris, dried, and carefully treated with bituminous mastic, first with a layer, and after it dries, with a second. The garage roof repair in Dublin Is essential for the garage owner. Next, the welded roofing material is fixed with a burner;
For better sealing, the roof surface can be treated with two layers of bituminous mastic before fusing.
- Applying liquid rubber to remove small cracks and waterproof roofs made of concrete slabs is an expensive but effective measure. The tool is applied by spraying all over the roof, but the high cost of the material makes it economical to process only large areas. Liquid rubber is usually used on roofs with a large area.
To apply any of the above repair techniques, you will need the following tools:
- Building level
- spatulas and stiff brushes;
- Rules of different lengths for leveling liquid rubber;
- Industrial hair dryer or gas burner;
- Metal brush;
- Master is fine.
All equipment must be reliable and secure, and personal protective equipment must be used when spraying liquid rubber or fusing roofing material.