In this new era of fashion, hats and hat accessories are a few of the most popular items commonly used by people. It isn’t easy to find famous personalities and celebrities who have not used such fashion items. Hats are not just a protective shield for varying climatic conditions; they are crucial to the fashion business. Therefore, one may say that hats’ rapid and robust internationalization has made people believe that hats are beyond a protective fashion item.
Besides, there is a wide range of hats that you may get on the market now due to the ongoing conceptualization and marketing of different hats. However, there are still people out there who dislike the belief of using hats. This may be partially due to their lack of knowledge on selecting the right kind of hat or even how to maintain it. This article will guide you through a few basic steps for hat maintenance to address this issue.
How to maintain your hats?
- You should make sure that your hats are hung on a wooden peg and not plastic ones. This is because wooden pegs are broader and do not intervene with the hat’s material, which is the case with plastic pegs.
- You can also hang them in hat racks with separate slots to store every hat. It does not matter whether you used a rack or peg; the bottom line is that the hats should not be stack upon one another; keep them distinctly separated, especially if they are customized—for example, hats with cowboy hat bands.
- It is also recommended to hold the hats by the brim and never by the crown. The brim is the edge of the hat, which mostly has a stable structure.
- If you hold by the crown, on the other hand, it may be creas or deforme due to the hand pressure, and soon you will lose the native structure of the hat; a perfect example would be cowboy hats, which have a unique design. So, the next time you hold your hats, beware of how you do it.
How to clean your hats?
- You may clean your hats in several ways, depending on the nature of the dirt. We recommend having a regular brushing regime for your hats since they often may be dirty regardless of their appearance.
- You should remember that appearance is not everything. If you wear a dirty yet perfect-looking hat, you shall soon suffer from dust allergies. So, take some time to clean your hats from time to time. You may do this by using soft-bristled brushes.
- You should choose brushes with dark colors if the base color of your hat is dark and with light colors if the primary color tone is light.
- If your hat has hair or other winding elements, you may use a sticky tape that can be applie to the particular areas of your hat, and you can remove it as you would with a band-aid. The video will take out stubborn hair and small dirt that you could not previously get a hold of.
- If you have a small or light piece of stain on your hat, it is straightforward to get rid of it with a simple step. All you have to do is visit a store where you may find various cleaning agents. You may inquire about a cleaning eraser or sponge used to rub off stains from fabrics.
- If you cannot find it on your own, you may also seek help from the store salesperson. These are easy to use and have immediate results.
- If you have persistent stains on your hats, the best thing to do is use fabric cleaning agents combined with hat conditioners (you will find this on the market or online). Just dip and damp your hat in a mixture of these two agents, supplemented with enough water.
- After 30 to 60 minutes, take it out from the mixture and try to remove the excess moisture. Afterward, let it dry naturally for a few hours or days.
Was it of much help to you? If you are one of the people lacking sufficient knowledge on this subject, it certainly has helped you. Often, we try to steer clear of products that we think we do not need to know about. But it is about time to start expanding your horizon and trying out new trendy products, which may seem quite promising for future use.